Pillai HOC College of Engineering and Technology, Department of Computer Engineering had successfully conducted an Online Session on “Profile Building” for students of PHCET on 5th March, 2022. More than 30+ students have attended this webinar.
Online Google Meet
Mr. Mohit Agarwal
Ms. Shrutika Khobragade
Interviewing is an important step in the selection process of a company’s placement. If done effectively, the interview enables the student to determine if an applicant’s skills, experience and personality meet the job’s requirements. It also helps the students assess whether an applicant would likely fit in with the corporate culture. In addition, preparing for an interview can help clarify a position’s responsibilities.
Various topics were unfolded by the eminent speaker during the webinar. The following are some of the topics discussed in the session by the speaker:
- Preparation for aptitude test
- Preparation for technical test
- How to prepare a resume? Sample resume shown (Templates are not allowed)
- Free courses should be done and gave instructions of how and what to do
- Interview Tips
- Body Language
- Presentation skills
- How to make LinkedIn Profile
- Hands-on simple coding techniques
- How to apply for job except campus placement
- Importance of internship
- Discussed about behavior, manners and how to respect and act in public and professional
The main outcome was
- To make students aware of different aspects of placement
- To take out the fear of Personal Interviews in them and help them attend Interviews more confidently.
- To Bridge the gap that currently exists between the Industry and fresh professionals for recruitment purposes.
- To make students aware about criteria of eligibility, how to prepare for aptitude test, how to develop communication skills, how to present themselves during interview
- To encourage students to participate in cultural events to add attributes in their resumes.
The webinar was well attended by the third year students. We received a good response from the students and also they gave very good feedback. All the concepts were explained clearly and doubts were also cleared. At the end of the workshop, Ms. Shrutika Khobragade (Faculty Coordinator) thanked HoDs, Faculty members, Management and participants for their active support for making the webinar successful.