A Workshop on “Network Design using Cisco Packet Tracer” was conducted on 28th February, 2020. Total 32 students attended this workshop. Dr. Mansi Subhedar, HOD of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering briefed about importance of network design and the need of the topic. She is also mentioned that the aim of the workshop is to improve student’s career prospects and get an edge over their counterparts in IT as Networking Industry is the backbone of any other industry.
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Hands on Workshop
Project Lab, First Floor, Department of EXTC
TE EXTC Students
Mr. Jayesh Rane
The session was conducted by Mr Jayesh rane and following content was covered.
- Introduction to devices (CISCO Routers and Switches) and their uses in the Network
- Classes of IP Addresses and their Practical uses
- About Routers and switches (Uses, Hardware, Software).
- Designing a network and configuring live routers (Cisco 1840) and switches (Cisco 2950) by remote logging and direct access to them.
- Apply authentication using Passwords
- Studying Protocols (DHCP/FTP/Pop 3 in context with industrial use).
Group Photo of workshop participants with faculty members
Introductory Session by Mr. Jayesh Rane
Hands-on Session during workshop