Pillai HOC College of Engineering and Technology, Department of Computer Engineering organized a Seminar on “Design Thinking, Innovation and Start Up” on 29th July, 2022 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Participants were enlightened with the knowledge of resource person on start Up and Innovation. Dr. Karthik Nagarajan, Innovation Ambassador, Institutional Innovation Council (IIC) Ministry of Education (MoE), AICTE was invited as the resource person for the seminar. He has been teaching for the past 22 years and has 6 years of industrial experience and 7 years of research experience. He is an IIRS ISRO Network Institute Coordinator at Pillai ISRO Outreach Network Institute since July 2017. Currently he is the Secretary of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Mumbai Chapter. Over 150+ students of S.E. and T.E. Computer and faculty participated in the session.
Dr. Karthik Nagarajan, Innovation Ambassador, Institutional Innovation Council (IIC) Ministry of Education (MoE), AICTE
Ms. Nikita Saindane
Department of Computer Engineering
Various topics were unfolded by the eminent speaker during the webinar. The following are some of the topics discussed in the session by the speaker:
- The idea of Design Thinking, Innovation and Start Up which can help students to do out-of-the-box or outside-the-box thinking.
- Speaker has given the idea about level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities.
- Speaker has guided the students about the startups and patents.
- Guidance about EDU-ISRO, distant class room education from school level to higher education.
- Registration procedure for IIRS-Elearning, IIRS-ISRO Outreach Programme to carried out Projects and Internships.
Students enjoyed and learned a lot during the Session.The session ended with vote of thanks by Mr. Rahul Kapse, Assistant Professor, Computer Engineering Department.