Department of Computer Engineering of Pillai HOC College of Engineering and Technology organized One Week Faculty Development Program on ” Python “in association with IIT Spoken Tutorial. IIT Spoken Tutorial is a multi-award-winning educational content portal. Spoken tutorial is an initiative of National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD. FDP was organized during April 21st to April 25th, 2020. Total 97 faculty members from various institutions participated in the FDP. This course provided comprehensive Python training for those who prefer to come up to speed on building Python capabilities. Python is a general-purpose and high-level programming language. You can use Python for developing desktop GUI applications, websites and web applications. Also, Python, as a high-level programming language, allows you to focus on core functionality of the application by taking care of common programming tasks.
Ms. Pooja Pemare,IIT Spoken tutorial
Course objectives of FDP on Python:
- To acquire programming skills in core Python.
- To acquire Object Oriented Skills in Python.
- To develop the skill of designing Graphical user Interfaces in Python.
- To develop the ability to write database applications in Python.
Course outcomes of FDP on Python:
- Design real life situational problems and think creatively about solutions of them.
- Apply a solution clearly and accurately in a program using Python.
- Apply the best features of mathematics, engineering and natural sciences to program real life problems
Various topics were unfolded by the eminent speakers during this FDP. Following topics were covered with the hands-on sessions:
- Getting started with IPython
- Using plot command interactivly
- Embellishing a plot
- Saving plots
- Multiple plots
- Additional features of IPython
- Loading Data from Files
- Plotting Data
- Other Types of Plots
- Plotting Charts
Online examination was conducted on during the April 27to April 29, 2020. Successful participants were awarded with certificate from IIT spoken tutorial.