Theme: The workshop on Internet of Things and Embedded Target Boards organized by the department of Information Technology at Pillai HOC College of Engineering and Technology, which was held on 2nd – 3rd August, 2018. Total 34 students have been participated in this workshop.
Information Technology Engineering
Lab D-414, Fourth Floor, Pillai HOC College of Engineering and Technology
Ms. Shubhangi M. Verulkar & Ms. Poornima Mahesh, Assistant Professor, KCCEMSR, Thane shared their insights, real life scenarios, practical use cases and their solutions on Internet of Things and Hands on Development using various IoT kits. First session started with keynote lecture on IoT and future it provided the insights of IoT applications for smart home, smart cities, smart light etc. They formed a group of participants for practical implementation of IoT kit.
The participant’s feedback was collected at end of workshop.
Agenda of Workshop:
Applications of IoT in various business sectors
Introduction to Internet of Things (IoT)
- Introduction to Microprocessor and Microcontrollers
- What is an embedded system?
- Introduction to open source platform
- Arduino Uno / Nano: Hardware and IDE
- Programming the Arduino Uno and Nano
- Simple LED projects using Arduino
- Various sensors like temperature and humidity sensor, IR sensor, Ultrasonic sensor, Gas sensor, Moisture sensor etc.
- Sensor projects using Arduino Uno / Nano
- Introduction to Node MCU and ESP 8266
- Introduction to ThingSpeak
- Analysis of Data on ThingSpeak
- Controlling of Light using Node MCU from Mobile