A Two Days Workshop on “Embedded System Design using ARM Microcontroller” was conducted on 17th and 18th March, 2016 by the department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics Engineering. The lead speaker of the workshop was Dr. Y. S. Rao from SPIT, Andheri. Totally 50 students and faculty from various departments and colleges participated in the workshop. The workshop was conducted from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The following topics were covered in the workshop:
- Embedded software life cycle, HW/SW Architecture, Hardware software code sign
- Debugging, Integration, Final testing, 32bit controllers x86, mips, arm 7, arm 9 and cold fire processors tradeoffs
- Arm architecture, Programmers model, using UV Keil software, Assembly language Programming with ARM
- Embedded Practical: Embedded C and ARM, Interface Examples
- MMU in ARM, Code optimization in ARM
- Porting Embedded OS to ARM controller