Pillai HOC College of Engineering and Technology together with Team Starkers Motorsports organized a Workshop on IC (Internal Combustion) Engines and Basic Bike Servicing. It was organized over 2 working days to avoid any sort of disquiet on participant’s part. The workshop was divided into two slots with a strength of 25 participants in each slot to utilize the infrastructure and time resourcefully. The total number of participants were 100 which made the experience even more happening. The workshop was organized on 27th (Friday) and 28th September, 2019 (Saturday). The sessions commenced at 10:30 a.m. and concluded at 4:30 p.m. on both days according to the schedule.
In this workshop students got first hand experience of the working principles for IC Engine Design. By dismantling a real IC Engine into components, participants can explore the engineering involved in an automotive engine system.
The topics covered during the sessions were-
- A brief about team Starkers – this session captured the idea about the past experiences of the team in go-karting events like NKRC and GKDC
- An introduction and working of IC (internal combustion) engine
- Exposure to all the necessary tools required during the process
- Dismantling and assembly of the engine
- Analyzing and understanding all the components
- Future of Internal combustion engines
- Pollution controlling methods
- An informative and interactive sessions about electric vehicles
- A hands-on session about basic bike servicing
- FAQ session with all the participants
The sessions were wonderfully conducted by the following team members –
- Kevin Vora
- Abhay Teli
- Fardeen Pathan
- Nikhil Salian
- Ganesh Bhaleghare
- Nishant Naik
The Workshop was well managed by all the members of Starkers Motorsports.