When new students enter in an Engineering Institution, they come with diverse thoughts, backgrounds & preparations.
Applied Sciences and Humanities
Induction program for newly admitted students is conducted between 6th to 8th August, 2018, at PHCET, Rasayani by Mathematics faculty collaborating with the other departments before the commencement of the first semester classes.
The main objective of the course is
- To bridge the gap between Mathematics studied at Pre-university level and they would be studying in Engineering.
- To promote applications based self-learning and intermingling of a large cross section of students from different background.
- To promote Active learning of Mathematics & their Applications.
The following topics were explored with their applications in respective branches.
- Calculus & its applications
- Complex Numbers
- Differential equations
- Probability, Statistics & its applications
- Fuzzy sets & its applications
- Applications of Graph theory